Movember began in 2004 and is an annual, month-long event involving the growing of moustaches during the month of November to raise money and awareness for men’s health issues such as prostate cancer. The goal of Movember is to “change the face of men’s health”.
The rules of Movember are:
- Once registered at movember.com, each Mo Bro must begin the 1st of Movember with a clean shaven face.
- For the entire month of Movember each Mo Bro must grow and groom a moustache.
- There is to be no joining of the mo to the sideburns (that is considered a beard).
- There is to be no joining of the handlebars to the chin (that is considered a goatee).
- Each Mo Bro must conduct himself like a true country gentleman.
Since beginning in Australia in 2004 more than 1.9 million people have participated with formal campaigns in Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, UK, South Africa, Ireland, Finland, Netherlands, Spain, Denmark, Norway, Belgium and Czech Republic. Last year, more than 854,000 people around the world got on board raising 79.3 million pounds!
As well as growing moustaches throughout Movember, Ziontech will also be participating in ‘Fancy Fridays’. This consists of dressing fancy on each friday throughout November. Fancy Fridays are another way for Team Ziontash to raise awareness for men’s health issues.
All members of Team Ziontash would appreciate any donations. To view the team page or to donate go to: http://uk.movember.com/team/496001