Here are some interesting facts about the year 2003:
- 2003 saw the launch of the iTunes store, which has been the biggest music vendor in the world since 2010 and by February 2013 the store had sold 25 billions songs worldwide.
- In 2003, Saddam Hussein was captured after he was found hidden in a tiny bunker at a farmhouse about 10 miles south of his home.
- Myspace was the main social network in 2003 and was used by many. Nowadays, Social networking has rapidly become an undeniable part of everyday life, and you will be hard pressed to find someone who doesn’t have a Facebook account.
- The concorde made its last flight. Concorde was retired in 2003 due to a general downturn in the aviation industry after the type’s only crash in 2000, the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001 and a decision by Airbus, the successor firm of Aérospatiale and BAC, to discontinue maintenance support
- In 2003, top phones included the Nokia 3100 and the Nokia 6600 – which was the first camera phone to sell over 1 million units. Now the top phone is the iPhone which is on its 5th generation of which just 3 days after its launch had sold a record breaking 9 million units.
- Space Shuttle Columbia was destroyed during re-entry on February 1, 2003 and all seven astronauts on board killed.
- The year 2003 saw Bill Gates offer to merge Microsoft and Google.
- The film star Arnold Schwarzenegger was elected governor of California, ousting the incumbent, Gray Davis, three years before his term was due to end. It is the first time in the state’s history that a governor has been sacked mid-term.
- The highest temperature ever recorded in 2003 in the UK which was 38.5 degrees recorded in Faversham, Kent.
Another interesting fact about 2003…
The year that we here at Ziontech moved into our current offices. On the 17th of October 2003 the three members of the Ziontech team officially picked up their things and set themselves up in our new office. A lot can change in ten years, various members of the Ziontech team have come and gone and in terms of staff we have almost doubled in size. The office has been rearranged numerous times since we originally moved in, with us fairly recently acquiring more space for expansion after Mark One Consultants moved out. Here are a few pictures of our office in its current state: